Reflecting on the past three years through both phases of the building campaign, G2G and G2G2, it’s easy to become overwhelmed in consideration of the many blessings that have been bestowed upon individuals and on Columbia. I can’t help but consider, what Jesus taught in Luke 12:48b, “From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.”
Is the work complete? Not yet, but the progress is great and continues to move forward with excitement and passion! The G2G2 Leadership Team recently met and prayerfully considered the next steps for this campaign. This team of lay leaders is committed to continue leading Columbia in a Spirit-filled, exciting and inspiring giving period as we see this work through to completion.
What you can expect:
- Regular, clear communication keeping Columbians updated on the progress of the building project as well as the stewardship of Columbians in fulfilling pledges.
- Opportunities for corporate prayer.
- Tools to equip families as whole life disciples as they give in fulfillment of their pledge.
- Special Giving Opportunities that are fun, build community and provide giving opportunities.
- Appreciation events and milestone celebrations.
- Continued opportunities to obtain information and discuss ideas and concerns with G2G2 and church leadership.
Upon us at this moment is the opportunity to quickly close the $1 million gap in our pledged amount so we can move towards breaking ground! If you’ve not yet taken your next step, please don’t delay. Each step that is taken keeps us actively engaged in the work God has entrusted to us.
Pledge cards can be obtained at the Information Booth in Gathering Grounds on Sunday morning or on the G2G2 website, columbiabaptist.org/g2g2. Submission of pledge cards can be made in the offering plate in all worship services, the locked box at the information desk or via mail, attention: Donna Groover. If you need assistance submitting a pledge card, please contact the G2G2 leadership team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s continue working together and quickly close this gap!