"Connecting women in friendship to ignite passion from Metro Washington to the world."
Women's Ministry is a dynamic ministry designed to provide opportunities for women to grow spiritually through strengthening their relationships with God and other women.
You are welcome to join any time and see if God might be calling you to be a part of the Women's Ministry Leadership Team. For more information, email Debbie Jaeger.
Women's Clothing Swap, Columbia@Crossroads
Drop-Off: Thursday, July 21, 10:00am - 8:00 pm
Swap and Shop: Friday, July 22, 10:00am - 8:00pm
Volunteer and help food pantry clients swap: Saturday, July 23, 8:30-11:30am
Join families across Columbia for our 2nd Annual Children’s Clothing Swap. This is an opportunity to clean out the closets, drawers and playrooms, and update wardrobes by recycling and reusing. If you cannot participate but wish to donate items, please do so!
WAYS TO EARN SWAP TICKETS
- Donate Items! Earn one swap credit for each item (swap credits will be distributed at swap check-in)
- Register online! The event is free, but we want to have a count for refreshments
- Volunteer! There are opportunities to volunteer with sorting, set-up, clean-up, assisting ‘swappers’, etc. Register and select volunteer choices!
Infant and children’s clothing, shoes, accessories and toys that are clean and in good condition. Rule of thumb – If the condition is such that you would not wear it, it should not be given to someone else.
- infant and children's clothing in all sizes
- children's shoes
- books, toys and games, stuffed animals
- bouncy seats, swings
- car and booster seats (please check manufacturer expiration dates)
- pack-n-plays, strollers, crib sheets, baby blankets
- maternity clothes
- Bag up clothes and shoes by size and mark the size along with your last name on the bag. Put accessories and toys in separate bags. Also, if possible, pin sets together.
- Beginning July 6, drop off your bags in Room 126 (Columbia @ Falls Church campus) and enter your name and total items on the sign in sheet. Your Swap Tickets will be available at the swap.
If you have any questions about the items that can be swapped or any other questions, contact Carol Huttar at email@example.com
Let the Closet Cleaning Begin!!
Women's Bible studies
Moms Bible Study
Wednesdays, 9:30-11:30am, Room 229
Led by Pastor Lora Gravatt
We are your middle-of-the-week respite! Join us this summer as we read and discuss Shauna Niequist's Cold Tangerines: Celebrating the Extraordinary Nature of Everyday Life. Drop your kids off in a loving children's program and join a great group of inter-generational moms to study the Word and support each other during life's challenges and celebrations. We have coffee, tea, snacks and a seat for YOU at our table.
REGISTER FOR CHILDREN'S PROGRAM or contact Carol Huttar.
Joyful Sisters Women's Bible Study: Beth Moore's Believing God
Wednesdays, 6:30-8:00pm, Room 127
Led by Jan Brinson
Join teacher Jan Brinson and the rest of the Joyful Sisters as we do Beth Moore's "Believing God" study. Beth will explore the difference between "believing in God" and actually "believing God." Beth will encourage women to refresh their faith in God and hear a fresh word from Him. You are sure to be uplifted!
Daughters of the King, led by Carolyn Adams
Wednesdays, 6:30-8:00pm, Room 301 (new room!)
As we meditate on the Apostle Paul’s four prison epistles (Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians and Philemon), we will see that Jesus is above all, and that Christ is alive in His people and His people are alive in Christ.