At this age, children are curious about the world around them. Their curiosity allows us to truly introduce them to the Creator of all things. We are excited to work with parents in introducing our all-powerful, loving God in ways that are fun and unforgettable.
Currently, we are using the Movers and Shakers curriculum by Gospel Light for the 9:45am hour and My God and Me at the 11:15am classes. The curriculum uses the natural interest of children to explore and learn to teach them about God's presence in the world!
The safety of your children is a priority to us at Columbia Baptist Church. All of our trained volunteers and staff working with your children have gone through a criminal background check, as well as an investigation in the sex crime registry.
We are currently using a Pager checkpoint system. We feel it will not only contribute to the safety of your children but will also allow parents to rest easy while you worship.
The process is simple:
- When you drop off your child at their classroom, make sure you take a pager with you.
- If no Greeter is available, pick one up from the tray and write the pager number (located on the clip on the back of the pager) next to your child's name on the attendance sheet.
- Make sure the pager is on by holding down the GREEN button on the pager until it beeps.
- Place the pager on you (not in/on your purse or in a coat pocket). These pagers vibrate only!!
Please note: Please take only ONE pager per family. If you have multiple children, simply write the pager number next to each child's name on their attendance sheets. At time of pick-up, please show the greeter/teacher your pager in order to pick up your child!
If you are needed, you will be paged with one of the following messages followed shortly by the number of the room for which you are needed:
- Please come
- Child fine (in case you leave your child fussy - we can let you know your child is doing well to put your mind at ease)
- Baby Hungry (for nursing mothers or parents who did not leave a bottle)
- Return Pager
If you missed a page, press the green button to see the last page sent.
All pagers will be paged ten minutes after the service to remind you to return your pagers.