Protecting Our Children
Child Protection Training is a major part of Columbia's Child Protection Plan.
Each volunteer and staff member is required to attend a one-time, hour-long child protection training session. These sessions are held every other month on the second Sunday in Room 229 at 8:30 am (May Training Will be Held on the 3rd Sunday following Mother's Day). Childcare is available upon request.
2017 Training Dates:
If you plan on attending a training, or if you need more Information, please contact Kim Murphy
Child Protection Background Application
Who Needs This:
1) If you are currently a volunteer or staff member with Columbia and need to renew your background check.
2) If you are interested in joining Columbia's volunteer team. If you are unsure, please contact the ministry lead for the area in which you desire to serve.
Information You Will Need to Provide For the Application:
1) Driver's License Information
2) Social Security Number
3) Residential History (last three residences)
4) Previous Churches Attended & church Staff references
5) Employment History
6) Two (2) Professional References and Two (2) Personal References
* Note, there is no "save" function on the application. Once you begin, you must complete the application or start over upon returning later. We also suggest that you print out a copy for your reference before submitting your application.
What to Expect: Following a successful background check and approval from the department leader, you will be contacted regarding training and a start date.
Columbia uses a third-party organization to conduct background checks. You may read a summary of your rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.