WHEN: February 9-11, 2018 (Friday evening through Sunday morning worship. Ends at 12:30 pm on Sunday Feb. 11th)
WHERE: All sessions will take place at Columbia Baptist Church on Friday night and Saturday. Students will then spend the night in host homes in the NOVA area. All transportation and meals will be provided.
WHO: All students 7th through 12th grade.
WHAT: No other generation as been poised to make a bigger impact on the world than our teens. This is why DNow weekend is set aside to equip and challenge students to grapple with difficult conversations and to learn together what it means to lean into challenging topics and learn what it means to be the presence of Christ in the midst of the divisiveness and noise of the world. There is no doubt that over the last few years, conversations on racial equality have been at the forefront of many conversations, social media posts, news headlines, and more. This year at Disciple Now, we are going to make it a priority to learn about racism in our context and how we can begin to be game changers in the conversation on racial inequality in our World. In order to do this effectively, we will be partnering with a worship team from Richmond, VA called Urban Doxology who's main focus is to be a voice for racial reconciliation in our world.
For more information on Urban Doxology, check out there website at http://www.urbandoxology.com.
DNOW 2018 Schedule:
- 4:30pm – CHECK IN: Meet at Church (Dinner here)
- 6:00pm – Serve @ Senior Adult Banquet
- 8:30- Worship and Session 1
- 9:30pm – Small Group Discussion
- 10:15pm – Pick up and head to host homes
- 10:00am – Worship and Session 2
- 11:00am – Small Group break out
- 11:45am- Lunch
- 12:00pm – Roller Skating and Virtual Reality gaming
- 3:00:pm- Depart for Host Homes
- 6:00pm – Worship and Session 3
- 7:00pm- Small Group breakout
- 7:30pm – Murder Mystery Dinner Party (Stephenson Hall)
- 10:00pm - Depart for Host Home
- 9:30am - Be at Church for worship and IGs
DOWNLOAD THE PACKING LIST HERE: dnow-packing-list-2018.pdf