Spend Yourself® India
2016 India Mission Trip
Join Dr. Jim Baucom on a journey to Vijayawada, India in February of 2016 for 8-10 days. Visit the child development centers and meet the families blessed by what God is doing there! Travel to several areas surrounding the centers and attend church with Dr. Rao and others. If you are interested in going, please contact Rachel Eckard by November 1.
About Spend Yourself® India
Children at the Pearly Gates Child Development Center
Pindralavari Child Development Center
"Spend Yourself® is making a difference in the lives of scores of children and their families", as observed by a Columbia Mission Team member who made the trip to Vijayawada in 2011. The commitment of all of Columbia's congregations is to help alleviate hunger and feed souls for Christ, something we gladly do in India at the Pearly Gates Center and beyond.
Kristin Clifton, Columbia's 1st Venturer
- Pray for the people of India who are gripped by the desperate nature of hunger and poverty.
- Pray for the Spend Yourself® leadership team.
- Pray for our church as we follow God’s lead into India.
- Pray for the women in the Mothers Program at Pearly Gates. Pray that nothing would hinder them from attending the program and receiving the support they need for themselves and their infants.
- GIVE FINANCIALLY
- The total cost of the children’s programs at Pearly Gates and PCDC (including meals and tutoring) is $45,850 for fiscal year June 1, 2014-May 31, 2015. The cost of the women’s program is $4,680. The cost to run the third child development center will be $15,000 a year. For about $1/day, you can provide the financial support for one child to attend an after-school program for an entire year.
- Donate now by going to our Online Giving page. Sign up for an account and designate Spend Yourself® World Hunger Relief for your contribution.