Spend Yourself® India
Spend Yourself ® India Briefing
Sunday, March 29, 12:30 - 1:30, Stephenson Hall
Dr. Baucom will report on his recent mission trip to India. Free pizza lunch provided for those who RSVP by March 25. Contact: Rachel Eckard , x288.
About Spend Yourself® India
Children at the Pearly Gates Child Development Center
Pindralavari Child Development Center
"Spend Yourself® is making a difference in the lives of scores of children and their families", as observed by a Columbia Mission Team member who made the trip to Vijayawada in 2011. The commitment of all of Columbia's congregations is to help alleviate hunger and feed souls for Christ, something we gladly do in India at the Pearly Gates Center and beyond.
Kristin Clifton, Columbia's 1st Venturer Martha Posada (left) and Gloria Gibrael (right)
- Pray for the people of India who are gripped by the desperate nature of hunger and poverty.
- Pray for the Spend Yourself® leadership team.
- Pray for our church as we follow God’s lead into India.
- Pray for Martha Posada and Gloria Gibrael, Columbia’s next Venturers to Vijayawada. Please pray that they will be able to obtain the visas necessary to live in Vijayawada for a year.
- Pray for the women in the Mothers Program at Pearly Gates. Pray that nothing would hinder them from attending the program and receiving the support they need for themselves and their infants.
- GIVE FINANCIALLY
- The total cost of the children’s programs at Pearly Gates and PCDC (including meals and tutoring) is $45,850 for fiscal year June 1, 2014-May 31, 2015. The cost of the women’s program is $4,680. The cost to run the third child development center will be $15,000 a year. For about $1/day, you can provide the financial support for one child to attend an after-school program for an entire year.
- Donate now by going to our Online Giving page. Sign up for an account and designate Spend Yourself® World Hunger Relief for your contribution.