What We Believe
We believe that there is one, and only one, true and living God. He subsists in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
We believe that the Scriptures of the Christian Bible, Old and New Testaments, are the Word of God, given by inspiration, and are the only rule of faith and practice.
We believe that the Lord Jesus is the Head of the Church, which is composed of all true disciples, and in Him is vested all power for its government.
We believe that the local church is a body of baptized believers, voluntarily united for the purpose of worshipping God and promoting the cause of the Gospel.
We believe that the ordinances required of the Church are those of Baptism and the Lord's Supper.
So what are the implications of what we believe? We, as a church community, strive to live out ten core values. These are:
1. Genuine Witness Acts 2:40-41, 43, 47 - We are the presence of Christ in our time, relevant to a pluralistic society and on mission to reach the world with the love of Jesus.
2. Warm Welcome Acts 2:41, 47 - We invite others to become part of our church family, and enthusiastically accept them as they come.
3. Biblical Foundation Acts 2:42 - We teach and learn God's Word in order to grow as followers of Christ.
4. Christ-Exalting Worship Acts 2:42, 46-47 - We are believers whose purpose is to glorify our Creator, gathering regularly to praise God and celebrate Christ's life, death and resurrection.
5. Constant Prayer Acts 2:42, 46 - We are a people in continual communication with God under the leadership of the Holy Spirit.
6. Gifted Servanthood Acts 2:42-43 - We are a congregation of people who serve God by exercising equally the gifts given us by the Holy Spirit: “every member a minister.”
7. Authentic Community Acts 2:42, 44, 46 - We are unified in vision and purpose even as we affirm our diversity; trusting, forgiving, and encouraging one another for the common good.
8. Joyful Giving Acts 2:44-45 - We offer all that we have to God selflessly, taking great pleasure in being used of God.
9. Intentional Caring Acts 2:44-46 - We embody Christ's compassion and concern for all people, so we care for one another in organized and purposeful ways.
10. Demonstrated Integrity Acts 2:47 - We are an association of persons known by believers and unbelievers alike for its honor and accountability.